Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 26

Today went well. We began our social studies unit in which we are doing geography. Mr. Foster has encouraged me to take charge of this study which I have done. I lead the class for the unit and felt that I did a good job and kept up the pace. Mr. Foster sat in the back of the class and took some of the children that have problems staying on task to help them do better.

I don't really think I have anything negative to say about today. I do know that I need to work on my voice because after speaking none stop for over an hour, my throat was dry and my voice strained. I need to have water on hand so I can take a sip between instruction.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt!

    Congrats on taking over the S.S unit! What are you guys currently studying? It's so odd to think that you have had the children for nearly two weeks now and I am just getting to really know the group of children in Jean, Sheila, and Is' room. ( A mouthful I know, but we are a team after all.:) ) Anyway, we are still in the process of establishing a routine and revisiting some social etiquette pieces, such as listening when other people are talking as well as following directions the first time they are given. The typical kindergarten stuff it seems. :) I am having a great time and learning a lot from my mentor and I am happy to hear that you are too!

    ReplyDelete