Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 11th and 12th

Well, I have begun my internship for teaching and I am doing my internship at Muldoon Elementary in third grade with Mr. Foster.

The eleventh was a voluntary day for the teachers to have a staff meeting with their new principal Mr. Grant. The day was interesting as I watched the teachers interact in the activities. I saw in many cases that there were too many leaders and not enough leadership. Different groups were willing to listen to one or two people, who were all saying the same thing, but nothing was getting done and there was confusion.

The meeting overall I felt was productive and people seemed to get something out of it.

Today was a little more active. Mr. Foster and I spent most of the day setting up the classroom, going over the layout and setting up the lesson plans. We already have most of the first full week taken care of except for the GLAs and setting up the social studies/science lessons.

Mr. Foster has so much together and much of the work comes naturally to him as he has had many years setting up his methods. I am pleased that he is giving me so much of his time and ideas to get me started of quickly with a foundation to work on. His lesson plans are fairly straight forward and he has been showing me what they have done in the past, how he is adapting it for this year, and then guiding me to select some activities and materials for the lessons.

Tomorrow we finish the classroom and the first two weeks of the lesson plans; hopefully. We also have a training class and a team meeting for grade 3.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment