Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25

Today the little girl that has been giving us problems had a good day! It is amazing how much smoother the day went by! I am not entirely sure what made the change in her; we did move the children around at the desks to better accommodate some of the personalities and I also tried to set goals to make her more positive by giving her smaller goals and then praise as she accomplished them.

There are some issues to be dealt with when it comes to children getting up from their seats to get a drink or go to the restroom. I understand the need to control as much distraction and getting the children to get the work done, but we ended up with a boy who peed his pants.

I feel that the expectation of bathroom breaks needs to be made more clear. For example, stop and go to the bathroom on the way to or from recess. With this set time mid way through the day, I think it will help with bathroom and class disruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment