Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 6-10

I had ear surgery last week to fix a hearing deficiency in my right ear. While the surgery was less evasive than originally planned, the process is still a bit painful. The pain medication has made being in the classroom a bit interesting this past week as I have a hard time focusing and keep my train of thought. I am not careless or unable to do my work, but as I look back at the end of the day to fill out my journal, I can't remember why I wrote certain things in my notes to remind me what I am supposed to be doing.

The children are fascinated with my stitches which is both a good talking point, but with those children that can be hard to keep on track, it can be a distraction.

By the end of the week, I was off my meds and dealing with the pain, it made my work easier but my ear is still adjusting to "hearing" and is throbbing by days end from the sound overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment