Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 14th

I found out today that our school is in worse shape from an educational point of view than first thought. We are now classified as a "school in crisis" which means that changes are coming to make up for lapses in the proficiencies of the children. They seem to really want me to be a part of the group and I have been offered Ashlock Training as well as another reading program. Ashlock I know I can do. It is more of a regimental/instructional program that is supposed to support and build the reading strategies of the children.

My first training will be Thursday. I thought long and hard about this process and am excited to implement a new plan. i know this plan is not always the most desirable method of learning, but I have been told that for ESL/ELL that it will help with their proficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment