Monday, November 15, 2010

November 8-12

This last week at Muldoon was a quiet one. I am preparing myself for the upcoming mini residency but am having some difficulties with it as we are shifting our reading and social studies to a program call "Christmas around the world", but it is not a curriculum but something the teachers do together. I hope that soon they will get together what they are doing so I can know what I am doing.

I did have one incident that I found troubling. When Mr. Foster was out of the class for training, I had some difficulties with the a child. Mr. Foster told me if the children are disrespectful and the parents need to be notified, he had slips for notes home to parents. I sent home one of these notes because of the child's behavior to let his father know what had happened. Mr. Foster told me that I should not have done this and should have left it to him as the parent was upset with me because his son said that it did not happen.

When I was told that I had done something wrong and that I put myself in a compromising position, I was confused since I only did what he told me to do. I guess I will need to ask for some clarification. This makes me wonder about everything I do now since I have been told my role and what I can do, then told I can't.

2 comments: